Thursday

Pull this knife out my back please

Befor reading allow me to direct you to my earlier post on friendship [click here].

I've always been a good friend to my friends. Its something I have prided myself on. Everyone has that one friend that they can call when life gets the best of you, that friend that seems to make things better, or at least a lil more bearable, by telling you the truth and being 'real' with you. That friend was me[I say was-becuase my patience is NOTHING like it used to be]. Where is all this going you might ask..

Well, back in the place i called home prior to Oz I had a friend. She was a nice young lady that id known since middle school. She, like many young black women in steriotypes, is involved with a man who does nothing for her, he cheats, he takes her money all the things that you see in rap videos and in court television shows.
Moving along, she's been in this worthless relationship for years and though i didnt think this man was worth of her love, time or attention i never bad mouthed him. She was my friend && no matter my feelings on the sitiuation you have to allow people to learn and fall on their own. So thats what i did, I didnt want to add to the rest of our friends who left her alone, who abandoned her because of her relationship. She allowed her boyfriend-who is still cheating, to disrespect her even in the faces of our friends. && what did she do...GOT PREGNANT.

Id often hear her say lil comments like "if I get pregnant he'll do better" these comments were always laughed off as a bad joke. I couldnt believe that she'd go and get knocked up by him...Love is a dangerous thing i suspose. As I sit here typing these thoughts as they flow from me, as raw as possible, I reflect over the years of my friendship with this young lady. I can remember how dead beat her boyfriend was, because of this[as well as her and I being good friends] I'd often take it apon myself to help her. Like the times I was the only person who helped her move into her apartments. When i would help her financially when her family turned on her. When I went above and beyond for her simply out of friendship. I went so far as to help her get an apartment when she was pregnant-WHY? Her family turned against her, not offering her any assistance, her boyfriend was a dead beat, it was in the dead of winter, she was kicked out of her home and litterally on the street.

When we got this apt she had a good job, paying well, a long term gig. well I put my trust in our friendship with this one...what happened you ask. Fast Foward>> to Summer of 2007 when I find out this woman has gotten evicted from the apt for non payment, risking fuccing up both our credit history. At the time, I was down here in Oz and she was back in that place that was once home. It took my faith in a higher power and FreeCreditReport.com to calm me down, relax my soul and allow me to forgive her for this fiendish act. An act that she never spoke on, she changed her number and moved into a house. I saw my history was clean so i let it go.

Fast Foward>> once again to my ride on the number 33 today[heading home after an interview for a job I know I got]. My phone rings, its my mother. She asks me if I know anyone on this particular street. I say no...then i think a lil harder and let my mind wonder.. Then I let her know that last I heard, my good old friend moved into a house on that street. Well.. GET THIS FOLKS: There is a Consumers Energy bill in my name for $800.oo, yes you read right eight hundred dollars at that house. So with that I ask you to Pull this knife out my back please.

Attention: So as to protect myself from any incriminating evidence that may spring up as a cause of my anger-motivated actions as it relates to this very aggrivating scenario I will end the story here.

Thank You
-au•ton•o•mous

No comments: