Sunday

Dating in the City: meet me outside on tenth


Friday. I woke up, showered, cleaned the condo[as you can see], and fixed myself some food. Mostly layed around the condo and tried to catch up on some much needed rest-I rarely ever sleep, i nap. The day came and went for me. A little later in the evening I got a call from my brother telling me he was on his way to work. We talked a lil bit and he suggested that i get out of the house, head down to Blakes and get a few good laughs in. Blakes was free this night-or maybe every night im not sure. So I really had nothing to loose. On my way there I took in the city, this is my home. I love this city the bright lights, fast cars, melting pot of people. This is my home.

Walking up the sidewalk I could see just how long the line was-down the ramp and through the parking lot. Once I finally got inside the fun began. I have no issue with going places alone-im known to take myself on dates, movies, dinner, shopping etc. Even the bar. This was only my second visit to this bar so im not entirely sure about how everything works there, there was a drag show going on downstairs and drinking and palm reading upstairs...lol. I didn't go to the bar in hopes of meeting anyone, I went purely to get a few laughs in and be around people. Although I stayed to myself mostly I had a breif and interesting talk with an older guy who said it was his 43rd birthday that night. He looked really good for his age but didnt act his age, he'd allowed the liquor to get the best of him that night.

Blakes has a mixed crowd, mostly white, some indian, hispanic, asian and few blacks[of all ages] but I think im coming to really fall for this establishment. The one thing i've noticed between the black gay establishments vs the white ones that i've visited is that there is much less pressure at the white establishments. I was able to just go and enjoy the music, I dont drink but there were cheap drinks and happy people. Somewhere between 1:3o && 2:oo a very nice looking young man entered my line of sight. Now I'd noticed him for a split second earlier but the combination of bad lighting and a packed building didnt allow me to really appreciate what i saw. Once we happened to be in the exact same area that was all she wrote. We exchanged the friendly banter that goes along with the pre and post exchange of numbers. Interestingly enough he's [100%]Puerto Rican. I say interestingly because
1: He looks to be mixed, maybe black and puerto rican.
&& 2: I'm an advid lover of black men.

His conversation and mannerisims attracted me to him, it wasnt merely phyiscal. After the lights came on and everyone piled out of the bar we spent a good amount of time talking, slowly walking him to the car && on the way [get this:] two white men approached us, asking us about partying-"scoring some drugs" [sad but true]. So me with my past experiences and my feelings about white people and especially ignorant white people decided against my normal reaction which would have had me acting in not such a good light. I dont allow alot of things to get to me or if I do I dont allow it to show to the general public and I was not about to allow this guy to see me in that light just yet. To my surprise he politely put the guy in his place telling him about himself [as it relates to his very racist preconcieved notion of us having or knowing where to get drugs-becuase we're men of color]. I must say his smooth tongue and our shared thoughts on the matter turned me onto him that much more.

--Saturday: My brother and I headed out to a very lavish party. A big house in a nice area owned by a black man, a gay black man. The house was filled to capasity with handsome && successful gay men of color. It was a side of the gay world that i think would prove to be good for some to see. I mean each one of the four levels was filled with docotrs, lawyers, business owners, dentist, publicist, grad students, fashion house affiliates, successful r&b personalities, && the list goes on.

Mr. P.Rico, he and I texted and talked throughout the day, he has a northern swagga about him-some NYc/New Jersey type of deal. Its cute, I like it, nothing like i've dealt with before. He surprised me though, he texted me when my brother and I were leaving the bar:

Mr. P.Rico: you still out?
autonomous: yeah, what's up?
Mr. P.Rico: come out here, meet me on tenth

Wanted to see me since he and his people were in the area. He's a seemingly sweet guy. Looking foward to kicking it with him. Sometime soon.
Stay Tuned

-au•ton•o•mous

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That condo looks way too neat!!! lol.

RE: Name change process:
It took about 6 months from start to finish. Then figure another few months to get new IDs and bank cards and stuff.

Also to consider is the cost. A breakdown of mine:
- attorney $250
- court fees $267
- judgement search (to make sure you don't owe child support or whatever) $180
- public notice (one in a Legal journal, one in local newspaper) $400
- and this is where the State makes revenue: certified copies of your name change at $35 a pop! I needed 3 certified copies for passport, social, and military. Credit card companies and banks were happy with just a regular copy. But I guess that depends on how picky people get in terms of wanting to see a plain copy vs. certified copy.