Tuesday

Dating in the City: the charming Mr. Rico

Sunday and Monday were relatively busy days. My good good friend[call him kid.brother] came into town-we had some business to take care of on Monday. So i did a little preparing for him to get here, cleaned up, made a few phone calls and ordered some food. Mr. Rico informed me that he wanted to come back and see me this day as well-well that night. So I agreed that that was a pretty good idea. I remember falling asleep on the couch earlier and waking up later in the day to kid.brother calling me letting me know that he was catching a cab to the train station && for me to meet him there. This was all about 8:3o-ish, I went through my recent calls to see that Mr. Rico had in fact NOT called me. So I go to meet kid.brother and we catch up on the things we havent already discussed on the phone-we havent seen one another since everyone left for the summer[the end of May to be exact]. All this && still no call from Mr. Rico. Later that night during conversation I get the call from Mr. Rico, we talked about this, that and the other.

--Monday morning was a lil faster, kid.brother and I woke up early, got dressed and prepared for a very long day of...business to say the least. Met with our other good friend and headed out to the University. The day was filled with signing papers, gettin pin numbers, finding room assignments, speakers, seminars, bottled water, running here, running there, smiles and bad attitudes. Mr. Rico did good about contacting me throughout the day[via text]. When we were getting to the home stretch in this lil business day he called me. We talked while he was at work and I, once again, agreed to see him that night...smh

The day ends, we head back home. I loose myself in my friends for as long as I could but when we reach back to the condo my brother comes by to finish watching Mr. & Mrs. Smith with kid.brother and I, he ends up falling asleep as did kid.brother. Time passes a lil to slowly for me...again, no call from Mr. Rico. Now I get a text telling me that a few more people we know are going to stop by and see kid.brother befor he heads out in the morning. Now when I get this text a few things happen back to back:

-I wake my brother so that he can sleep in the other room because of the noise im sure our friends are going to make when they arrive.
-I get a call from a friend of mines. A really nice Jamaican guy who i've been emailing and instant messaging for awhile, trying to pick up with a relatively intimate conversation we placed on hold almost a week earlier.
-the friends come in loud and hyper-for adults anyways.

There's all this moving around, pulling out food from everywhere, cooking, the tv goes on mute and the music is turned up a lil louder. Of course the jamaican and I end our conversation for the time being, putting off that conversation for yet another day.
. . .

After the friends leave, my brother leaves for work && kid.brother heads off to sleep I'm still up, with no call from Mr. Rico, now I know myself. I like attention and when im not getting it I will more than likely just leave it alone and move on-not necessarely to another person just on with my life. Like I said i dont deal with bullshit, im going to do everything that I can to make sure that im not left as the fool or feeling neglected. 11:o4 I get a text from Mr. Rico: whatre you doing?. 11:o7 I make a call instead of texting and his sister answers the phone telling me that he's at the store. So I decide then that im done and no longer give a damn about this lil "thing" we have going on. I turn off the lights and go to bed.

--Tuesday
autonomous: If you're not trying to be serious when dealing with me, then let me know, dont do this here today gone tomorrow type of stuff.

Mr. Rico: I am trying to fuck with you, you know about what I have going on. im doing my best to make time I truely am. It might not come off that way but I am.

autonomous: Yeah, well I hear you, you keep telling me that but w/e, you good

Mr. Rico: I know man, Im just saying Im feeling you. Its alot going on.

autonomous: I know, it's just--

Mr. Rico: I just have to do better about showing you. Aye mane, im just having a fucked up week so far. I dont want you to think im tryna play games with you or nothing like that. Thats all imma say right now, and imma call you in a few ok!

autonomous: ...yeah

Am I being too hard on him?
Maybe I should loosen up a lil bit?
Should I?

-au•ton•o•mous

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give him the benefit of the doubt? He might actually have had a bad week.

Promiscuous X said...

Yea loosen up a bit man

life said...

Hey, if the story is there next week. You know what's up. Ppl make time for what's important to them

autonomous said...

My sentiments exactly Mr. Life,
i've considered giving the benefit of the doubt....

all i can say is Stay Tuned